We at the Reppond Team work with many mortgage lenders from a broad spectrum of banks and lending institutions. We've learned over the years that the quality of service received varies wildly and it has a great deal to do with having a smooth and successful real estate transaction.
We have formed a great relationship with a local Mortgage Banker at MetLife Home Loans. Her name is Dani McDonough and we have been putting transactions together with her with great frequency and she has consistently performed with stellar service, great rates, impeccable integrity, and constant communication. We know if the loan is placed with Dani what she says will happen.
That being said, often clients make other choices for financing and we always work hard to make sure your transaction goes smoothly, whomever you choose. When deciding who is the best loan officer for you we have the following suggestions:
- How long have they been a loan officer?
- What are the advantages of their lending institution?
- Do they table fund?
- Do they have a loan processor who works directly for them?
- What percentage of loans do they fund in the State of Washington?
- What are mortgage interest rates based on?
- Are there pending economic reports or events that could cause intereset rate movement?
- When the Fed "change rates", what does this mean and what impact does this have on mortgage interest rates?
Have the loan officer explain the various loan programs they offer in detail to your satisfaction. Don’t let them gloss over any details you don’t understand. You should feel confident and comfortable that they are being upfront and thorough with you.